Online Portal for Doctors
The Online Portal for Doctors is your self service system for interaction with the Medical Council online. It is your gateway to:
- Vote in the Council elections
- Apply for registration
- Request certificates
- Transfer divisions
The portal can be used on desktop & laptop computers, at present it does not allow for users on mobile phones, tablets or iPads.
First time portal user please see activation instructions below, including a video guide.
First Time Online Portal Users
I have not logged into the portal before
If you have received a letter from the Medical Council with your logon and password please activate your account by selecting the option below from the login page:
'If you have not logged in before and received you initial login details by post click here'
- Your username is your registration number
- All registration numbers are now 6 digits long. If your registration number only has six digits please add a 0 at the start e.g. 12345 will become 012345 and 1234 becomes 001234
- The Online Portal for Doctors will only recognise a full registration number as a doctor’s username
I have used the portal previously
- Once your account is activated, you can use the standard login field
I am locked out of the portal
- If you have activated your account and have entered your username or password incorrectly 3 times your account will be automatically locked for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you may simply re-enter the correct details to access your account
- If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the “Forgotten Username/Password” link
Doctors applying for registration with the Medical Council
To apply for registration for the first time go to the following page and click on the first link:
- Applying for Medical Council registration.
Any queries regarding the Online Portal for Doctors may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: 01-4983160.