Medical Council News


NCHDs PCS Enrolment Alert

If you are not in an approved specialty training programme*, and are not registered on the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Council’s Register, you must be enrolled in a Professional Competence Scheme operated by a Postgraduate Medical Training Body. 

You can enrol on a PCS without needing to be or becoming a member/Fellow of the Postgraduate Training Body. For more information contact the training body relevant to your scope of practice.

A grant is available from the HSE to assist with the costs associated with your CPD. Search for the CPD-SS resource on the HSE NCHD Financial Assistance webpage.

* Only doctors in an approved specialty training programme will have a training programme number; contact your medical manpower manager if you are in doubt.